From: Elyahou ITTAH <ittah.elyahou@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH tunnel With Portage
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:52:37
1 2008/1/14, Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > On Monday 14 January 2008, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
4 >
5 > > Ok, ;)
6 > >
7 > > My Network have a Squid Proxy who allow only some ports like 80 443...
8 >
9 > Ok, so you should be able to use
10 >
11 > # export http_proxy="proxyname or address"
12 > # emerge-webrsync
13 >
14 > To use the already existing proxy in your network. If you insist on using
15 > your tunnel, read on.
16 >
17 > > Putty is configurated to connect to a box i have in an other place, it
18 > > allow to make a SSH Tunnel who create a socks proxy at localhost:8080.
19 >
20 > So you're forwarding port 8080 on the putty (windows) box to port 1080 on
21 > the remote box, where a SOCKS server is listening on that port, correct?
22 >
23 > I'm not sure whether putty allows non-local connections to forwarded
24 > ports by default, if this is not the case you'll need to enable that
25 > option.
26 >
27 > > Putty listen to this port and send all the frames passing the 443 of
28 > > the SQUID proxy to my exterior box.
29 >
30 > How do you do that?
31 >
32 > > I wan't to configure Portage to
33 > > use this SOCK proxy at localhost:8080
34 >
35 > "localhost", IIUC, is a windows box, and portage is running on another
36 > (linux, on the same network) box. So, at a minimum, you'll need to
37 > use "a.b.c.d:8080" as a SOCKS server, where a.b.c.s is the IP address of
38 > the windows putty box.
39 >
40 > Assuming you have a SOCKS server at "a.b.c.d:8080" (albeit through a
41 > tunnel, but the apps don't know that), then you need to use some
42 > socksifying utility for emerge, since (AFAIK) it does not support SOCKS
43 > out of the box. So, something like
44 >
45 > # socksify emerge --sync
46 >
47 > should work (though I have not tested it). socksify is part of
48 > net-proxy/dante. Of course, you need to specify the SOCKS proxy at
49 > a.b.c.d port 8080 in the /etc/socks/socks.conf configuration file (I
50 > don't remember the exact syntax to do that right now, but it should be
51 > quite intuitive).
52 > --
53 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
57 I am a little confused...
58
59 Putty listen to my 127.0.0.1:8080 and forward to my extern box:443 passing
60 the squid proxy:3128 (in SSH of course)
61
62 I tried configure the http proxy by export... but the web rsync still don't
63 run...