From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need help: Filesystem (ext4) corrupted!
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 16:15:26
1 Hi,
5 I need some urgent help...
9 The rootfs and $HOME of my embedded system is stored
10 on a 16GB SD-card (about 5GB used, rest free). The FS
11 is ext4.
12
13 Since the system hangs for unknown reasons several times I
14 removed the sdcard, put it in a card reader and did an
15 ext4.fsck on it.
16
17 "Clean" was the result.
18
19 Then I forced a check with "-f -p".
20
21 The result was:
22
23 solfire:/root>fsck.ext4 -f -p /dev/sdb2
24 rootfs: Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.
25
26 rootfs: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
27 (i.e., without -a or -p options)
28 [1] 18644 exit 4 fsck.ext4 -f -p /dev/sdb2
31 Return code 4 means
32
33 4 - File system errors left uncorrected
34
35 which indicates nothing and all at the same time.
38 At this point I started to write this mail.
39
40 Before I fscked the sdcard I mounted the FS and tar'ed everything on
41 it into a backup file.
42
43 The tar process did not return an error.
44
45 Since it costs A LOT OF TIME to compile everything from source on a
46 1GHz CPUed embedded system natively - and for abvious different other
47 reasons - I am very interested in doing the next steps correctly.
48
49 What can I do to eliminate the problem without data loss (best
50 case) or to save the most while knowing what and where the corrupted
51 data are located on the system?
52
53 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
54
55 Best regards,
56 mcc