From: Peter Weller <welp@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternatives to audacious?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:35:21
1 On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 00:05:41 +0300
2 "Stratos Psomadakis" <el05007@×××××××××.gr> wrote:
3
4 > O/H Denis έγραψε:
5 > > What are some alternatives to Audacious mp3/CD player? I really
6 > > liked the old XMMS and used it right up until it was taken off
7 > > portage. Audacious seems to resemble XMMS closely enough, but it
8 > > seems more fragile. I have it working well on one gentoo box, but
9 > > on this box, I am just having no luck getting it to run without
10 > > errors (won't read audio CD, master volume control is not
11 > > functional, playlist errors on start-up... ) I'm looking for
12 > > something with a GUI rather than a command-line player.
13 > >
14 > > Thanks.
15 > i can think only of amarok,but it's very 'heavy'...
16 > maybe you could find a nice gui client for mpd...
17 >
18 How about using gmpc as a GTK+ frontend to mpd?
19 http://www.musicpd.org/gmpc.shtml
20
21 Never tried myself, though.