From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting from Install cd
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:22:10
1 On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:02:38 +0200
2 Kyle Vorster wrote:
3
4 > Hi guys,
5 Hi,
6
7 > I am sorry for such a newbie question but I really wane start
8 > learning more about linux and use gentoo on my desktop computer.
9 >
10 > Now I've burned both pcc and pcc64 to two cd's but when rebooting it
11 > just boots back into my old system which were Mandriva 2006 with Lilo
12
13 pcc is ppc?
14 you should use a correct architecture for you cpu.
15
16 Try ia64.
17
18 Check your settings in BIOS, booting order.
19 Check the CD is well burned. Could you try it in other computer?
20
21 > Any one got any advice or any thing i can look at.
22 >
23 > I have a Intel Computer, 64Bit with two CPU's and Sata drive.
24
25 > Looking forward to some replies.
26 >
27 > Kind Regards,
28 > Kyle Vorster
29 Cheers!
33 Arnau Bria
34 http://blog.emergetux.net
35 Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou.
36 Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe.
37 Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas.
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list