From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 05:55:32
1 Dale wrote:
2 > I thought I was the only one that had to copy and paste it to Kwrite to
3 > read it. Sorry to say I'm not alone here. :-( He seems, well, . . .
4 > pissed. :/
8 The beryl negate feature is good for interactive viewing of
9 these insane color schemes (using both bright yellow and
10 dark blue in foreground means one or the other will be
11 impossible to read regardless of background color).
12
13 While beryl mitigates the problem for interactive viewing,
14 it still is a pain for scripting. Here's an example from last
15 night's cron job:
16
17 echo "Syncing overlays..."
18 layman -S
19
20 produces email message containing:
21
22 Syncing overlays...
23 svn: Working copy '/usr/portage/local/layman/sunrise' locked
24 svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
25 * Running command "/usr/bin/svn update "/usr/portage/local/layman/sunrise""...
26 *
27 * Errors:
29 *
30 * Failed to sync overlay "sunrise".
31 * Error was: Syncing overlay "sunrise" returned status 256!
32 *
35 Have fun,
36 Roy
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list