From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] 2.6.30 and reiserfs?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 00:34:33
1 That could have been me - oops in reiserfs "slowpath" (seen in dmesg or
2 logs) . The good (great news for me) is that the bug has gone away in
3 2.6.31 ...
4
5 BillK
6
7 On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 10:25 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
8 > > I am using reiserfs just for my squid-cache nevertheless
9 > > after I booted
10 > > 2.6.30-r4 on an amd64 system, I couldn't create any files on that
11 > > partition. Is there a way to convert the partition to work or
12 > > do I really have to change filesystems?
13 >
14 > I had some weirdness with .30 and reiser. I was using .30 sucessfully for a few days, then had to hard reset but reiser had problems mounting on reboot. I tried booting .30 twice with no luck. Booted .29 and it worked fine - in fact no messages about the filesystem at all - it just loaded normally. I didn't bother persuing it because I had read about similar issues with .30 (IIRC on this list) and figured it was probably a kernel bug....
17 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
18 Home in Perth!