From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [konqueror] Can't invoke and editor when `view source'
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:59:48
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Don't know the first thing about emacs, but it may need bringing up
4 > a terminal first which in turn runs emacs. You may want to try
5 > selecting the "Run in terminal" or invoke it like so:
6 >
7 > xterm -e /usr/bin/emacs
8
9 This should not be a factor with X enabled emacs. And in fact calling
10 emacs at a cmd prompt just brigs up emacs in it own window, not
11 another xterm.
12
13 However, and surprisingly it does work... Inserting the xterm -e
14 command at:
15 right click/ open with/ other
16
17 Brings first an xterm which immediately spawns a new emacs window (not
18 in the xterm but on its own)
19
20 I'm pretty sure this is not what SHOULD happen though. I SHOULD be
21 able to just insert /usr/bin/emacs since it does not run in an
22 xterm. But... thanks .. at least I can edit a page with emacs now.
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list