From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 15:01:55
1 On 7/28/20 4:23 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday, 27 July 2020 22:10:59 BST james wrote:
3 >
4 >> I just ran across this document. I hope you find it relevant to your
5 >> mail issues.
6 >>
7 >> https://bridge.grumpy-troll.org/2020/07/small-mailserver-bcp/
8 >>
9 >> Small Mailserver Best Current Practices
10 >
11 > Thank you James.
12 >
13 > I seem to have fixed my problem by removing the specific addresses from
14 > mynetworks and setting mynetworkstyle = subnet.
15 >
16 > That doesn't make sense to me, but hey-ho.
20 Good news.
21
22 But I'm still looking for that complete list of (gentoo ebuild) codes to
23 run on top of 2-4 stems, for a small, but feature rich solution for
24
25 (2) DNS resolvers, (?) mail-servers for a robust mail system that "I"
26 admin, and (1) internet facing web server and (1) internal only facing
27 or limited outward facing Web server for development and security based
28 testing. Static IP are basically $5/month from my ISP.
29
30 So this is a point of curiosity for you or anyone with such a setup; but
31 only what they wish to reveal publically. A private disclosure, and
32 howto is ok too,
33 and I'll respect your privacy of such detail.
34
35 Eventually, when the Rasp.Pi_4 can map or at least utilize 16G of ram, I
36 want to move the entire operation to Rp4s. Then I can have one setup
37 stationary, and one mobile in my RV. The thought is the RF (pseudo)
38 statics are dominate, unless I travel to an area in the US, that does
39 not have connectivity for a mobile rig.
40
41 Anyone is encouraged, publically or privately, to make suggestions.
42 Eventually, the choices and basic instruction should make it to a web
43 page document.
44
45 If several folks go down this pathway, then the security and security
46 testing semantics, to ensure it is robustly safe, could be well
47 documents, via a group effort. So all can benefit and stay safe. Adding
48 a secure version of Slack, to these stacks, would be pretty cool too.
49
50 After all, such a setup would be sweet, and allow for for travel and
51 still be in charge of all of your resources.