From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange behavior of "tab" key with Libreoffice Calc and Plasma
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 19:41:09
1 On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 20:59:34 +0200, Stefano Crocco wrote:
2
3 > a few months ago I started noticing a very annoying behavior when
4 > pressing the "tab" key in Libreoffice Calc. Previously, pressing this
5 > key would move the cursor by one cell to the right, so that I could
6 > immediately start writing into the cell. Now, while the cursor is moved
7 > to the correct cell (I can see the black border around it), I can't
8 > write in it immediately anymore. To move the cursor to the next cell
9 > and be able to immediately write in it, I need to press the tab key
10 > twice. It seems that somehow pressing the tab key once gives focus to
11 > the menu bar: pressing tab once, then pressing "F" brings down the file
12 > menu; pressing tab, then pressing "E" displays the edit menu and so on.
13
14 > Has anyone experienced this behavior?
15
16 I see it too and it's annoying as hell. Even more annoying will be that
17 when it is solved I will have got into the habit of pressing tab twice
18 for each move :(
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Conclusion: the place where you got tired of thinking.