From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Has semantic-desktop really become compulsatory for kmail?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 01:17:07
1 On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 01:25:31 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > I don't know what load it creates because I never even have any
4 > negative impact. Yes, there is some nepomuk stuff sleeping in the
5 > background and it has zero impact on my desktop behaviour.
6
7 It's the Strigi indexer that can affect performance. I only notice it on
8 my desktop because of the increased drive noise. It's a three year old
9 dual core box, but there's no real impact. On the other hand, it brings
10 my Eee PC 1005 to its knees, which is why it's turned off on that.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 <Linuxgeek> How do i find the model of my card?
17 <Serena[T]> your nick is misleading, seriously