From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:20:33
1 On 2009-02-04, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:25:49 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> Except that what you build and maintain isn't a "distro", it's
5 >> a single machine.
6 >
7 > Why?
8
9 Do you distribute what you're building as a something for
10 others to use to install Linux? I don't, and none of the other
11 Gentoo users I know do. They're all building and maintaining
12 installations on individual machines.
15 Grant Edwards grante Yow! My life is a patio
16 at of fun!
17 visi.com