From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:48:49
1 On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:19:17 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > >> Except that what you build and maintain isn't a "distro", it's
4 > >> a single machine.
5 > >
6 > > Why?
7 >
8 > Do you distribute what you're building as a something for
9 > others to use to install Linux? I don't, and none of the other
10 > Gentoo users I know do. They're all building and maintaining
11 > installations on individual machines.
12
13 It doesn't have to be for others. What about someone maintaining a
14 network of machines?
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 EMail - garbage at the speed of light.