From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] site:www.gentoo.org (compile phase)...die "econf failed"
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 01:45:31
1 On 05/15/2011 06:29 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
2 > http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/ has system info, bash_history, and logs from
3 > my 7th attempt to install from the beginning, using
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1 as the battle plan.
5 >
6 > Among the 8 attempts, once I used the 0514 portage, twice I used the 0507
7 > portage, and the rest I used the 0511 portage. I'm surprised I ever got a
8 > kernel, networking, and mc working on the first try, because I've been unable
9 > to get anything except kernel sources to emerge since the first attempt.
10 > Every other emerge attempt has generated either "ERROR:...(compile phase)..."
11 > or "ERROR:...(configure phase)...", plus 'die "econf failed"'.
12 >
13 > At this point I have to believe there's a Gentoo bug(s) I'm hitting rather
14 > than mistakes following instructions. I've put in most of the past 5 days
15 > trying, and have to quit real soon unless I get a whole lot better help. I'm
16 > sure I've used up my quota of better efficiency just trying to get started,
17 > and need to get back to normal life soon.
20 Ugh:
21
22 http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/bash_profile
23
24 I'm guessing you forgot to `source ~/.bash_profile` after you commented
25 out the line,
26
27 #export "CC=ccache gcc"