From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] site:www.gentoo.org (compile phase)...die "econf failed"
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 22:31:25
1 http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/ has system info, bash_history, and logs from
2 my 7th attempt to install from the beginning, using
3 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1 as the battle plan.
4
5 Among the 8 attempts, once I used the 0514 portage, twice I used the 0507
6 portage, and the rest I used the 0511 portage. I'm surprised I ever got a
7 kernel, networking, and mc working on the first try, because I've been unable
8 to get anything except kernel sources to emerge since the first attempt.
9 Every other emerge attempt has generated either "ERROR:...(compile phase)..."
10 or "ERROR:...(configure phase)...", plus 'die "econf failed"'.
11
12 At this point I have to believe there's a Gentoo bug(s) I'm hitting rather
13 than mistakes following instructions. I've put in most of the past 5 days
14 trying, and have to quit real soon unless I get a whole lot better help. I'm
15 sure I've used up my quota of better efficiency just trying to get started,
16 and need to get back to normal life soon.
17 --
18 "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
19 words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)
20
21 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
22
23 Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/