From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rasp-Pi-4 Gentoo servers
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 15:40:32
1 "within the country"?  :-)  You must be American?
4 On 2020-03-01 16:38, Daniel Frey wrote:
5 > On 2/29/20 11:13 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:
6 >>
7 >> Keep in mind that rpi are not the only cheap, capable arm hardware out
8 >> there.
9 >>
10 >> I am using a number of odroid devices, including an N2 with a gentoo
11 >> based kernel and a gentoo aarch64 userland.  Its used for lxc containers
12 >> for asterisk, dns, webdav, mail, calendaring and web running on the N2
13 >> backed by an Odroid HC2 moosefs cluster (though I am using an intel
14 >> powered Odroid H2 for the master).
15 >>
16 >> Its all working rather well now the initial install/config stages are
17 >> over.  Part of the gain over the pi's is the use of eMMC storage over
18 >> sdcards - almost 5 times faster in my tests.  The 4G of ram has proven
19 >> quite adequate so far - even the asterisk latency is better than my
20 >> previous QEMU/KVM on intel setup.
21 >>
22 >> I have currently have rpi 1B, 3B and a zero and while the specs for the
23 >> rpi4 are better ... its not the best out there.
24 >>
25 >> BillK
28 > I am aware of other devices but the RPi (afaict) is the only one sold
29 > within the country and not subject to import duty/fees/taxes and the
30 > related shipping delays because of those. :(
31 >
32 > Dan