From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Confused with the --oneshot option of portage.
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 03:28:24
1 On Sun, Þëè 2, 2006 1:40 am, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 10:25:23 +0200, Remy Blank wrote:
3 >
4 >> >> - If I first emerge a package, for example kmail, with emerge kmail,
5 >> >> and later, during an upgrade phase, do an emerge --oneshot kmail,
6 >> >> will kmail be removed from world ?
7 >> >
8 >> > That's one for the portage devs, but I don't /think/ so.
9 >>
10 >> I'm not a dev, but I'm sure that it will *not* be removed from world. I
11 >> always use --oneshot for updates.
12 >
13 > That's correct. If you use --oneshot, world is not touched at all,
14 > nothing is added or removed.
15 >
16 > There isn't, AFAIK, a portage option to remove a package from world,
17 > although adding is easy with emerge -n.
20 > --
21 > Neil Bothwick
22 >
23 > WinErr 01B: Illegal error - You are not allowed to get this error.
24 > Next time you will get a penalty for that.
27 I hope this will help.
28
29 1) It apears there is a way to pull packages out of the world set. :)
30
31 >From 'man emerge', section "FILES":
32
33 =============
34 /var/lib/portage/world
35 Contains a list of all user-specified packages. You can safely edit
36 this file, adding packages that you want to be considered in world
37 set updates and removing those that you do not want to be
38 considered.
42 2) I'm not sure what happens when using
43
44 "emerge --oneshot already-isntalled/package-higher-version"
45
46 but it is easy to check this out by looking in /var/lib/portage/world before and
47 after emerge finishes it's job.
51 Best regards,
52 Daniel
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list