From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Confused with the --oneshot option of portage.
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 15:52:46
1 On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 06:17:03 +0300 (EEST), Daniel Iliev wrote:
2
3 > > That's correct. If you use --oneshot, world is not touched at all,
4 > > nothing is added or removed.
5 > >
6 > > There isn't, AFAIK, a portage option to remove a package from world,
7 > > although adding is easy with emerge -n.
8
9 > I hope this will help.
10 >
11 > 1) It apears there is a way to pull packages out of the world set. :)
12 >
13 > From 'man emerge', section "FILES":
14 >
15 > =============
16 > /var/lib/portage/world
17 > Contains a list of all user-specified packages. You can
18 > safely edit this file, adding packages that you want to be considered
19 > in world set updates and removing those that you do not
20 > want to be considered.
21 > =============
22
23 That's already been covered, I was referring to a portage option, a
24 complement to -n.
25
26 > 2) I'm not sure what happens when using
27 >
28 > "emerge --oneshot already-isntalled/package-higher-version"
29
30 Read what you quoted :)
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 And God said "Let there be light" and there was light.
37 There was still nothing, but you could see it better.