From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:25:03
1 On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:05:25 +0100, Michael Hampicke wrote:
3 >
4 >> > There is actually a huge amount of information available, giving a
5 >> > high level of pseudo-uniqueness. There was a web site that showed you
6 >> > how much it could glean from even an anonymous session, but I can't
7 >> > remember where is was. Somewhere like the EFF.
8 >>
9 >> I guess you mean https://panopticlick.eff.org/
10 >
11 > That's the one, I'll try to remember to make a note of the URL this time.
12
13 Mnemonic: It's a reference to the Panopticon, which was a model of
14 prison designed to make inmates behave by being aware that they were
15 constantly being watched. Derives from 'pan' (all) 'opti'
16 (sight/seeing). So, pan-opti-click becomes "all seeing click".
17
18 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon
21 :wq