From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /etc/portage/env for a whole category
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 23:58:49
1 On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:11:46PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > > I would like to include debug info into more of my system, but still not the
4 > > whole userland. So I'd like to start with libs. But how do I tell portage do
5 > > to it?
6 > > I've been using portage/env before for selected packages, namely:
7 > >
8 > > $ cat /etc/portage/debug-build
9 > > CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe -ggdb"
10 > > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
11 > > FEATURES="${FEATURES} splitdebug"
12 > > #USE="${USE} debug"
13 > >
14 > > and then placing a symlink…
15
16 > (Do not set the "debug" USE flag. It's not for getting debug info.)
17
18 If you look a second time, you will notice it is already commented out. :)
19
20 > If you really want "-ggdb" instead of just "-g", then use that instead,
21 > though it will take more space for no real benefit, unless you actually
22 > need the extra debug info for some reason.
23
24 I wasn't really sure whether I really need it. The only thing I did try was
25 -ggdb1.
26
27 Anyway, thanks for the info.
28 --
29 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
30 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
31
32 The advantage of RSS jokes is that you always know the newest one.