From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] suspend2-sources-2.6.14-r9 - Hard Maskd: Why?
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 14:12:44
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Petteri Räty schrieb:
3 >
4 >>Alexander Skwar wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>Rumen Yotov schrieb:
9 >>>>Run: nano /var/portage/profiles/package.mask - search for suspend;
12 >>>Ah, yes, right, forgot about this. Why is something like
13 >>>this not listed in the changelog on CVS?
14 >>
15 >>ChangeLog only lists changes done in the package folder. package.masking
16 >>needs changes only to the package.mask file.
19 > Okay. But it is change to the package, isn't it? I mean, it now
20 > behaves differently than it did before.
21
22 True. I don't think it is against the policy to add package.masking
23 information to ChangeLogs but devs just don't do it at the moment. This
24 is maybe something you could bring up in the gentoo-dev mailing list.
25
26 > I guess, I don't agree with this decision - but I further guess,
27 > that I'll have to live with it, don't I?
30 Well emerge -1 =<pkg>-<masked version> should give you easy access to
31 the package.mask reason to help you in the meanwhile.
32
33 Regards,
34 Petteri