From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot see my own posts: configuring gentoo-users in gmail
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:55:52
1 I've seen this myself - I think its a feature of the way gmail works.
2
3 And i've not seen any way to 'fix' it.
4
5 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
6 > When I start a new thread, I do not see my own posting, even after others
7 > have responded. It gets put in the "sent" folder and stays there.
8 > This is in gmail, where I do all my mailing lists in an account that I
9 > use for
10 > nothing else. It's not hard to fix: for each thread I start, I find the
11 > mail in
12 > "Sent Mail" and move to "Inbox" and all is well. But it's a nuisance, and
13 > occasionally I forget.
14 >
15 > Are there settings somewhere that's making this happen to me? I've looked
16 > around and don't see anything offhand, but maybe my "around" isn't big
17 > enough.
18 >
19 > --
20 > Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
23 Tim Igoe
24 tim@×××××××.uk
25 http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
26 http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
27
28 "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"