From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Gentoo Enema
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:49:43
1 On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 06:24:37PM +1300, Penguin Lover Tom Eastman squawked:
2 > Is there a tool that will allow me to find *all* files that aren't owned
3 > by any package, so that I can then decide what to do with them?
4 > Obviously skipping directories such as /home/. Then I can delete
5 > everything that doesn't look critical, hopefully without losing my stuff
6 > in places like /boot or /etc either :-)
7
8 There was this script by Benjamin Braatz called findcruft.
9
10 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=254197&highlight=findcruft
11
12 HTH
13
14 W
15 --
16 "I assume you've all done stationary phase integrals...right?"
17 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
18 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 34 days, 23:03
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list