From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/sbin/mysqld: No such file or directory
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:53:42
1 On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:10:54PM +0200, Penguin Lover Jarry squawked:
2 > But description says:
3 > mysql: A fast, multi-threaded, multi-user SQL database server.
4 >
5 > And that's what I'd expect, even with minimal use-flag:
6 > server, not client. And if "minimal" removes server
7 > functionality, than it does remove critical features
8 > (if you remove server-functionality, it is not server anymore).
9 >
10 > All I want to say is that description (or implementation)
11 > of that "minimal" flag might be misleading...
12 >
13 Hum, I somewhat agree with you here. If it bothers you so, perhaps
14 consider filing a bug against the package description?
15
16 W
19 Congress:
20 An organization to provide balance and be the opposite of Progress.
21 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 18 days, 22:28
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list