From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are runlevels 3 4 5 the same?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:10:57
1 On Sunday 18 April 2010 06:09:38 Adam wrote:
2 > I want to choose console or X from grub, so i'm thinking i'll do
3 > something like 'rc-update delete xdm 4' and then pass softlevel=4 to my
4 > grub boot line, to make runlevel 4 a console runlevel. Is that the right
5 > way to do it?
6
7 You could create a new default runlevel for this purpose, or you could try
8 passing the 'nox' option to the kernel, at boot time. There was a bug filed
9 some time ago because an xinit update broke this option, but I believe it has
10 been fixed now. Try it and see if this is what you need.
13 Regards,
14 Mick