From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Find root partition
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:04:48
1 Matthias Fechner writes:
2
3 > I switched now to a new mainboard and it seems that the drive numbering
4 > changed or my kernel does not detect any hard disks...
5 > If I try to boot my gentoo the kernel panic because it cannot find the
6 > root partition.
7
8 Did you recompile kernel to support your new mobo?
9
10 > After the panic I cannot scroll up to check what drives are detected and
11 > which numbering is used. What must I do to be able to scroll up to see
12 > what is logged to the screen?
13
14 I tell you what I did in similar situation: I simply recoreded screen
15 during boot-up with a camera. After that, I played the video-file on
16 different computer, checking for messages. It is not "clean" solution,
17 but it worked for me... :-)
18
19 Jarry
24 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
25 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.