From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Verification of audio CD copy?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 22:04:49
1 On Wed, June 3, 2009 22:23, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
5 > BTW: this is where you see that cdparranoia(1) is now 12 year old and
6 > unmaintained since ~ 10 years. cdda2wav -paranoia gives much better
7 > results that cdparanoia.
8
9 Pardon me for getting in the middle but I am really curious about
10 this. I know that paranoia is old but according to their web
11 page the last update was "September 11, 2008". However maybe it
12 was just a maintenance update to fix compilation errors or something
13 like that.
14
15 I have researched about cdda2wav vs. cdparanoia vs. cdrdao in the past
16 and came to the conclussion that cdparanioa is probably the worst
17 nowadays, however I am not sure it's dead.
20 Jesús Guerrero