From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: getting GMT to use DST
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:34:21
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
2
3 > > /etc/conf.d/clock has two relevant variables, CLOCK and TIMEZONE. Here
4 > > are mine:
5
6 > > CLOCK="UTC"
7 > > TIMEZONE="Europe/Berlin"
8
9 > > Don't know wether setting CLOCK to "GMT" will also do.
10
11 > It's the TIMEZONE setting that matters here, CLOCK should be either "UTC"
12 > or "local".
15 Hello Neil,
16
17 I have an identical question.
18 I set /etc/localtime this way:
19 cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST /etc/localtime
20
21 I'm in Florida and my /etc/conf.d/clock settings
22 are:
23
24 CLOCK="EST"
25 TIMEZONE="/usr/share/zoneinfoAmerica/New_York"
26
27 Is it correct to use EST or should it be local?
30 James
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list