From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: congruant gentoo servers
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:31:43
1 Uwe Thiem <uwix <at> iway.na> writes:
4 > Pruning a fat system can be very time consuming. I'd rather clone the
5
6 > I'd rather tar the whole small system up and install this tarball on
7 > the other one (after adjusting partitioning, creating filesystems and
8 > such).
9
10 Yes, that's what occurred to me, as I was mentally going down the list
11 of things to do, to arrive at congruency between the two systems....
12
13 One more difference:
14
15 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]
16 x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
17 Installed versions: 173.14.05
18
19 versus
20
21 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400]
22 x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
23 Installed versions: 96.43.05
24
25 So some provisions have to be made, as the older card is barely supported
26 any more. I do need X11 to run JFFNMS on these systems. Or maybe I'll
27 just pick up either another FX5200 or a pair of newer (cheap)
28 video cards so that hardware matches too.....?
31 thoughts?
34 James
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list