From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chrony-2.2 failing
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 15:24:52
1 On Saturday 21 November 2015 09:59:18 I wrote:
2
3 > I think I'll follow Alan's suggestion and head upstream.
4
5 After some discussion with Miroslav Lichvar I've found a chrony.conf that
6 works for me on my 32-bit 2-core Atom. This is it:
7
8 pool pool.ntp.org iburst
9 server ntp0.zen.co.uk iburst
10 server ntp1.zen.co.uk iburst
11 driftfile /var/lib/chrony/drift
12 makestep 1.0 3
13 allow 192.168.1/24
14 mailonchange prh@××××.prhnet 0.5
15 rtcfile /var/lib/chrony/rtc
16 rtconutc
17
18 The installation-default file causes the start-stop-daemon to catch an
19 unexpected interrupt and report an error, even though the chronyd process
20 continues to run.
21
22 Any time I run 'strace -ff -o/tmp/chronyd.strace /etc/init.d/chronyd start'
23 the init process runs normally and I'm left with scores of trace files, none
24 of which help because the stray interrupt wasn't detected.
25
26 So I'm left with a setup that works for me but leaves what looks (to me)
27 like a timing problem unsolved.
28
29 I'll report back if I hear any more.
32 Rgds