From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot find entrance!
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 05:40:07
1 On Wednesday 19 May 2010 00:22:03 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > This is the first time I am dabbling with layman. So it is likely I have
4 > > made some noob mistake, which I hope you can help me discover.
5 > >
6 > > I have installed layman-1.3.3 and then added the enlightenment overlay.
7 > > I have also added the snapshot keywords for enlightenment:
8 > >
9 > > # ls -l /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords
10 > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 64 May 18 21:28
11 > > /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords ->
12 > > /var/lib/layman/enlightenment/scripts/package.keywords.snapshots
13 > >
14 > > entrance is unmasked in there:
15 > >
16 > > # cat /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords | grep
17 > > entrance x11-misc/entrance ~*
18 > >
19 > > However, although I can see enlightenment, I have no success with
20 > > entrance:
21 > >
22 > > # emerge -upDv entrance
23 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
24 > >
25 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
26 > >
27 > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "entrance".
30 > > What am I missing? Please ask for supporting info as you need it.
31 >
32 > entrance no longer exists in the overlay, looks like it is gone for good:
33 >
34 > Changeset 372
35 >
36 > Timestamp:
37 > 02/28/10 14:01:41 (3 months ago)
38 > Author:
39 > tommy
40 > Message:
41 >
42 > x11-misc/ entrance: Remove entrance: old and unmaintained, there
43 > is currently a rewrite from scratch planned, but no ETA
44
45 The enlightenment overlay is largely unmaintained, or not being updated much.
46 You will get better results using the efl overlay, maintained at
47 enlightenment.org by an e17 dev:
48
49 http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/trunk/packaging/gentoo
50
51 There's details on the enlightenment wiki. If memory servers, it's in the
52 "Packaging" page
56 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com