From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: evdev broken?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:05:15
1 Francisco Ares writes:
2
3 > On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Mick wrote:
5 > >> Every time after you emerge xorg you're meant to remerge its drivers
6 > >> (evdev being one of them). Usually there is some elog message telling
7 > >> you to run
8 > >>
9 > >> qfile to find what is need to be reinstalled:
10 > >> qlist -I -C x11-drivers/
11 > >
12 > > I think this works too:
13 > >
14 > > emerge -1av @x11-module-rebuild
15 > >
16 > > Correct me if I am wrong here.
17
18 > Thanks for replying, but emerge tells me there are no sets to satisfy
19 > 'x11-module-rebuild' . Where would it come from? As far as I could tell,
20 > those sets are manually set, isn't it?
21
22 No, you just need a newer portage, probably a version >= 2.2. This seems to
23 be safe and is often suggested here on this list. Although there are
24 frequent updates and I wonder if some big bug might slide into portage one
25 day.
26
27 If you want to do so, put
28
29 <sys-apps/portage-9999 **
30
31 in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords. Or something like
32
33 =sys-apps/portage-2.2.0_alpha45
34
35 to install this version only, but I guess when it moves out of the portage
36 tree it will be downgraded, so you'd need to put the ebuild into your local
37 overlay then.
38
39 > And by the way, what is the use of 'xorg-drivers' package ?
40
41 I think it's just some sort of meta package pulling in the real drivers. At
42 least the output of equery files xorg-drivers is empty.
43
44 Wonko