From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Build error: gnumeric-1.4.3-r3
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:29:44
1 As a followup to my previous posting giving this same error with
2 modest CFLAGS I should point out the following.
3
4 1. During the big upgrade of gnome-lite to 1.14, the following
5 appeared.
6
7 Subject: [portage] ebuild log for gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.0 on
8 localhost.localdomain
9 Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:38:21 -0400
10
11 INFO: unpack
12 Fixing OMF Makefiles ...
13
14 INFO: compile
15 Running elibtoolize in: libgsf-1.14.0
16 Applying portage-1.5.10.patch ...
17 Applying max_cmd_len-1.5.20.patch ...
18 Applying sed-1.5.6.patch ...
19
20 WARN: postinst
21 An old version of an installed library was detected on your system.
22 In order to avoid breaking packages that link against it, this older version
23 is not being removed. In order to make full use of this newer version,
24 you will need to execute the following command:
25 revdep-rebuild --library libgsf-1.so.1
26
27 After doing that, you can safely remove /usr/lib/libgsf-1.so.1
28 Note: 'emerge gentoolkit' to get revdep-rebuild
29 An old version of an installed library was detected on your system.
30 In order to avoid breaking packages that link against it, this older version
31 is not being removed. In order to make full use of this newer version,
32 you will need to execute the following command:
33 revdep-rebuild --library libgsf-gnome-1.so.1
34
35 After doing that, you can safely remove /usr/lib/libgsf-gnome-1.so.1
36
37 Each of these revdep-rebuilds tries to emerge gnumeric and gives the
38 failure indicated previously.
39
40 2. Presumably unrelated, but I am also now witnessing an infinite
41 battle between emerge --depclean and revdep-rebuild.
42
43 --depclean wants to remove
44
45 media-libs/gst-plugins
46 selected: 0.8.11
47 protected: none
48 omitted: none
49
50 revdep-rebuild then wants it back
51
52 [ebuild N ] media-libs/gst-plugins-0.8.11 USE="alsa esd -debug -oss"
53 [ebuild R ] media-plugins/gst-plugins-alsa-0.8.11
54
55 I will post another msg starting a new thread about this since I
56 suspect it is not related.
57
58 thanks for any help,
59 allan