From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] selecting OS in Grub [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:34:50
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:57:17 +0000 (WET)
2 Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Nelson, David \(ED, PAR&D\) wrote:
5 >
6 > >> -----Original Message-----
7 > >> From: Jorge Almeida [mailto:jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt]
8 > >> Sent: 15 March 2007 11:40
9 > >> To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 > >> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] selecting OS in Grub
11 > >>
12 > >> No. And the hardware is not new, nor is this a fresh install. I
13 > >> just don't know what changed...
14 > >
15 > > Try a different keyboard? Just in case?
16 > >
17 > Good tip. Actually, the keyboard was connected to the mouse socket.
18 > Consequence of a short cable + bad visual access to the back of the
19 > box
20 > + USB mouse.
21 > Would you believe that even so it works, except for the grub screen?
22 > Thanks everyone, and sorry for the unneeded entropy.
23 PS/2 ports are actually kind of cool. I beleive you could also get a
24 PS/2 splitter to use, say, a mouse and keyboard on just one port. USB
25 kind of replaced it (windows refuses to hotswap mice, for example, and
26 my techie windows-poweruser roommate insists that he's never been able
27 to hotplug keyboards either, unless they were attached when the
28 computer booted, although i'm almost positive he's wrong) and is
29 supported a lot better, but - no surprise - linux is flexible.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list