From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] selecting OS in Grub [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:55:38
1 Am Donnerstag, 15. März 2007 15:28:16 schrieb Dan Farrell:
2 > (windows refuses to hotswap mice, for example, and
3 > my techie windows-poweruser roommate insists that he's never been able
4 > to hotplug keyboards either, unless they were attached when the
5 > computer booted, although i'm almost positive he's wrong)
6
7 Sorry, if I get this wrong. This is about PS/2-Ports, right?
8 Well your roommate is right then, PS/2 is not hotpluggable. Neither the
9 protocol nor the plugs are designed for this kind of use. It sometimes works,
10 but there is always the danger, your computer gets damaged.
11
12 Regards,
13 Michael
14 --