From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] selecting OS in Grub [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:40:31
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:44:29 +0100
2 Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Am Donnerstag, 15. März 2007 15:28:16 schrieb Dan Farrell:
5 > > (windows refuses to hotswap mice, for example, and
6 > > my techie windows-poweruser roommate insists that he's never been
7 > > able to hotplug keyboards either, unless they were attached when the
8 > > computer booted, although i'm almost positive he's wrong)
9 >
10 > Sorry, if I get this wrong. This is about PS/2-Ports, right?
11 > Well your roommate is right then, PS/2 is not hotpluggable. Neither
12 > the protocol nor the plugs are designed for this kind of use. It
13 > sometimes works, but there is always the danger, your computer gets
14 > damaged.
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 > Michael
18 well, i definitely hotswap keyboards all the time and i've never once
19 had a problem, even in windows. I guess mice have to be plugged in at
20 boot to work, I can't use them after booting if they weren't.
21 Kebyoards however work fine, even if they weren't plugged in when the
22 computer booted. I didn't test it for windows.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list