From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:25:15
1 Norberto Bensa wrote:
2 > Quoting Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>:
3 >
4 >> On my Gentoo at home, yes. The mouse cursor skips, scrolling gets
5 >> skippy/laggy too. I have a dual core E6600@3.33Ghz with 4GB DDR2 RAM.
6 >
7 > Just like me, but I have it set to default clock: 2.4GHz. Beyond that,
8 > it gets somewhat funny :-/
9
10 I bought a CPU cooler the size of skyscraper though; it barely fits in
11 the tower ;P At stock 2.4GHz, it's a bit more laggy with heavy load.
14 > Are you sure your HDs run with DMA enabled? SATA shouldn't have this
15 > problem, but as technology gets cheaper, you never know :(
16
17 It's SATA.
18
19 It appears that the kernel gets slower and slower and more "laggy" on
20 desktops with every release. Servers seem to get happier though. I
21 hope they don't totally abandon the desktop at some point :P