From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:16:09
1 Quoting Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>:
2
3 > On my Gentoo at home, yes. The mouse cursor skips, scrolling gets
4 > skippy/laggy too. I have a dual core E6600@3.33Ghz with 4GB DDR2 RAM.
5
6 Just like me, but I have it set to default clock: 2.4GHz. Beyond that,
7 it gets somewhat funny :-/
8
9 Are you sure your HDs run with DMA enabled? SATA shouldn't have this
10 problem, but as technology gets cheaper, you never know :(
14 > With all that being said, I prefer Gentoo of course. I've been through
15 > Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, Mandriva/Mandrake, CentOS, Fedora and
16 > openSUSE on my desktop PC.
17
18 I prefer Linux in all its forms :)
21 Regards,
22 Norberto
23
25 This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.