From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sharing /home and swap
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 05:39:07
1 On 28/12/2011 1:30 PM, W.Kenworthy wrote:
2 > If its only one app, why not use a small vm (qemu, vbox etc.)? - best of
3 > both worlds.
4
5 Basically because I've done nothing with these thingies and have no
6 experience with them and therefore didn't think of them...... Might be
7 worth looking into - got a link to a "20 words or less" intro?
10 > Also, why only on Suse? - you can often work around differences with
11 > ld-preload and other tricks.
12
13 The third party app is under development, I'm tying some stuff into it,
14 and things are a bit fluid at the moment. I think basically taking a
15 couple of hours to set something up once and that's it is quicker than
16 trying to work around library problems that will arise in an ongoing manner.
20 > BillK
24 Andrew