From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gnome3 stable] Not as bad as I expected
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:25:43
1 On 12/14/2013 12:54 AM, wraeth wrote:
2 > On 14/12/13 12:10, walt wrote:
5 >> The gnome-shell desktop has a 'gestures-based' feature, which exposes the
6 >> favorites menu if you move the mouse pointer *very* quickly to the left
7 >> upper corner of the screen. Who knew?
8 >
9 >> Well, I didn't know until yesterday because virtualbox allows the mouse
10 >> pointer to slide right off of the guest window onto my real desktop without
11 >> notifying the guest machine, apparently.
14 > If i'm not mistaken, the hot corner has to be activated by the mouse cursor
15 > actually hitting the corner. With the typical way the virtual machine works,
16 > with the mouse not actually 'entering' the environment, it's almost impossible
17 > to hit the corner properly as it transitions seamlessly between the guest and
18 > the host.
19 >
20 > Two ways to address this are to use the virtual machine in fullscreen mode
21 > (meaning that the corner really is the corner) or to have the virtual machine
22 > fully capture the mouse (requiring it to be released by use of the 'host' key
23 > (generally Right-CTRL).
24 >
25 > If you can, give it a try and let me know if it works :)
26
27 Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Sees like it should though.