From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ip_conntrack - is it missing
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:23:34
1 Johann Schmitz <johann@×××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > reader@×××××××.com schrieb:
4 >> Turns up nothing even close. Does it mean I'm still missing something
5 >> in the kernel build? or is it just baloney or out of date?
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 > you can simply check our kernel config by typing:
9 >
10 > cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep -i conntrack
11 >
12 > IIRC, there should be the lines
13
14 Yes but what about the comment in the HOWTO:
15
16 "cat/proc/net/ip_conntrack".
17 Even with no firewall configured, Linux's conntrack functionality
18 is working behind the scenes, keeping track of the connections that
19 your machine is participating in.
20
21 I see:
22 grep -i ^[^#].*conntrack /usr/src/linux/.config
23
24 CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_ENABLED=m
25 CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=m
26 CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_MARK=y
27 CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_SECMARK=y
28 CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_EVENTS=y
29 CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_CONNTRACK=m
30 CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_IPV4=m
31 CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_PROC_COMPAT=y
34 But do NOT see what that HOWTO refers to (/proc/net/ip_conntrack)
35
36 [...]
37
38 > Hope you can guess what it want to say - english isn't my native
39 > lang, and it is early in the morning ;)
40
41 English is my native language and you are considerably better at it
42 than I am. That may not be much of a compliment though because I'm an
43 illiterate hill-billy.
46 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list