From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:28:55
1 Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:13:50AM -0500, Chris Thomas wrote:
5 >> I have a Dell laser mouse.
6 >>
7 >> lsusb:
8 >> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 413c:3010 Dell Computer Corp. Optical Wheel Mouse
11 > I'm pretty sure it isn't software related. Did you tried various mouse
12 > pads or materials ?
16 It is software on mine. I can boot the new kernels and it is jumpy as
17 crap. It is really slow to respond and when it does, it just jerks all
18 over the place and is difficult to click on links and buttons. I can
19 reboot with the old kernel and it works fine, just like it should. Same
20 mouse, same computer, same everything except a different kernel. I can
21 repeat that process and get the same results every time.
22
23 Also, it even does this when my system is not real busy. I do run
24 folding but it will do it even when folding is not running. It is also
25 slow to switch desktops and such as well. I can even out type the thing
26 when booted off the newer kernels.
27
28 My system: AMD 2500+ Barton CPU, 2Gbs of ram with 2 80GB IDE drives.
29 1GB of swap with none being used. 19 inch Gateway monitor running
30 1280x1024. My mouse is a optical Logitech model M-BJ58.
31
32 This may be hardware for some but it is kernel here. I just built a new
33 one, linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r7, and plan to try it next to see if I get the
34 same results. If I do, I plan to stick with the old
35 linux-2.6.23-gentoo-r8 until it no longer supports my hardware or
36 something makes it not work anymore.
37
38 Dale
39