From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPtables - Mangle table - when/why do I need it (or do I need it)?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 11:21:31
1 On 2013-01-02 7:14 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 02 Jan 2013 19:47:11 Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> Oh, ok - so, if I don't have any rules that use the 'mangle' command,
4 >> then I can safely remove mangle support from my kernel and lose the
5 >> mangle table altogether?
6
7 > Yes, I would think so. You can build it as a module anyway and un/not load it
8 > to see if iptables starts up without errors.
9
10 This is a server, so no modules support at all...
11
12 But no worries, I always keep my previous kernel when upgrading, so if
13 something doesn't work right, I just reboot back to the previous one...
14 it has saved me more than a few times...
15
16 Thanks again