From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPtables - Mangle table - when/why do I need it (or do I need it)?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:17:41
1 On Wednesday 02 Jan 2013 19:47:11 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-01-02 2:01 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > If you have a look at 'man iptables-extensions' it gives some examples of
4 > > using -t mangle.
5 > >
6 > > I haven't looked in Google recently, but there should be some examples
7 > > there too.
8 >
9 > Oh, ok - so, if I don't have any rules that use the 'mangle' command,
10 > then I can safely remove mangle support from my kernel and lose the
11 > mangle table altogether?
12 >
13 > Thanks guys...
14
15 Yes, I would think so. You can build it as a module anyway and un/not load it
16 to see if iptables starts up without errors.
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick