From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} reliable USB extender?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:32:52
1 On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:13:24 -0800, Grant wrote:
2
3 > I need to connect a Zebra LP2844 USB label printer at about 35 feet
4 > from a Gentoo machine. I got this:
5 >
6 > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L14ZTC
7 >
8 > but it is proving to be unreliable. The printer stops responding many
9 > times per day and needs to be power cycled. Is there a reliable way
10 > to make this connection?
11
12 These devices only do USB 1.1. Have you considered a USB repeater cable
13 or two. Some of those are very good, I know someone who has run webcams
14 over greater distances using them.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?