From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} reliable USB extender?
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:27:00
1 >> I need to connect a Zebra LP2844 USB label printer at about 35 feet
2 >> from a Gentoo machine. I got this:
3 >>
4 >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L14ZTC
5 >>
6 >> but it is proving to be unreliable. The printer stops responding many
7 >> times per day and needs to be power cycled. Is there a reliable way
8 >> to make this connection?
9 >
10 > These devices only do USB 1.1. Have you considered a USB repeater cable
11 > or two. Some of those are very good, I know someone who has run webcams
12 > over greater distances using them.
15 Very cool, thank you. I will try that for the printer and possibly
16 for some webcams as well.
17
18 - Grant