From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Installing Gentoo: Grub, alternate GNU/Linux system on another partition
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:42:15
1 On 05.12.2011 22:58, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 >> Grub can chainload any bootloader that's visible to BIOS. At minimum,
4 >> that means you could have grub on /dev/sda
5
6 I have a setting with three bootloaders chained. First Grub2 who boots
7 Gentoo or the Windows XP bootloader. The Windows Bootloader has to
8 option to start Windows XP or a second Grub2 that loads a Xubuntu
9 installed with wubi inside of a 30GB file on the ntfs drive C:.
10
11 I am more then happy when I get the ok to kill Windows and Xubuntu,
12 because that chain is very creepy ;-)
13
14 Greetings
15
16 Sebastian