From: Zeerak Mustafa Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pdf viewing suggestions?
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:26:47
1 On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 06:06:46PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 02/24/2010 06:01 PM, daid kahl wrote:
3 > > Hello all,
4 > >
5 > > Simple question: Can you please explain your pdf viewer of choice (and
6 > > any configs or 'hacks' I should do)? I can't find anything I like.
7 > >
8 > > I've tried xpdf, epdfview, evince, kpdf, and acroread. As I am trying
9 > > to remove kdelibs from my system to reduce overhead, I'm reluctant to go
10 > > for okular, and although I had some brief experience with it, I forget
11 > > my results (still trying to replace kaffeine..that's another post maybe
12 > > for later once I'm done testing). I had gs programs of sorts for
13 > > awhile, and I forget the results, other than to say the pdf parts aren't
14 > > on my machine anymore for better or worse.
15 >
16 > There's also Foxit Reader. You can find it in the "rion" overlay.
20 Does Foxit Reader support editing pdf files (By editing I mean making notes in them etc.), I've been having some trouble finding a pdf-reader that allowed that.
21 If anyone has any suggestions as to what pdf readers (other than okular) do it, I'd be very grateful :-)
24 Zeerak Waseem