From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub Error 21: Selected disk does not exist
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:48:07
1 On Saturday 17 January 2009, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > But, now that you mention it, something in /dev was wrong
4 > because the first time I booted Gentoo off hda2, the "issue"
5 > message that's displayed before the login prompt gave
6 > instructions on how to fix /dev. I never figured out what
7 > exactly was wrong, but following the instructions fixed it.
8 >
9 > It took me a while to get to that point since I tripped over
10 > the grub bug that displays a blank menu and then corrupts the
11 > console. Apparently there's something wrong with the
12 > splash.xpm.gz file, and you have to comment out the splashcreen
13 > line in menu.lst.
14
15 The path of the splash.xpm.gz has to be correct or you'll get problems booting
16 up.
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick