From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Broadcom wireless problem after a certain time
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 01:29:59
1 On 2016-12-30 23:21, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > I have a wireless card :
4 > > # lspci |grep -i 802
5 > > 24:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
6
7 > > But, because there is always a "but", After a certain quantity of
8 > > downloaded data, the card's stopping to work fine. I can't receive
9 > > anything. I need to stop an restart the systemd service.
10
11 > I don't know what problems are being reported on the model you are
12 > using, but previous models were experiencing problems with power
13 > saving. Use modinfo to find out what power saving parameters the
14 > module has and try disabling these, in case power management is the
15 > cause of the interruptions you are experiencing.
16
17 Yes, I have seen this with one of the wifi-to-usb devices. Most
18 infuriating, _not all_ traffic stopped working - I think it was just
19 incoming TCP SYN, so suddenly I couldn't ssh into the box, but could
20 still browse etc. This is a long ago memory, so could be wrong.
21
22 Since I got to the bottom of that I stopped using external wifi devices;
23 for my desktop, that means it is always connected over ethernet to
24 something that can be a wifi station reliably. Over the time,
25 "something" has been a router running openwrt, an old Eeebox running
26 debian, and now the same Eeebox running zeroshell [1].
27
28 [1]
29 http://www.zeroshell.org
32 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
33 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
34 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html