From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Broadcom wireless problem after a certain time
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 23:21:30
1 On Friday 30 Dec 2016 21:22:17 Hogren wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I write to the list for a little strange problem.
5 >
6 > I have a wireless card :
7 > # lspci |grep -i 802
8 > 24:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
11 > Globally, the card works fine. I use wpa_supplicant. I have a systemd
12 > service to start the connection when I want. The DHCP client works fine
13 > too. etc. All is right.
14 >
15 > But, because there is always a "but", After a certain quantity of
16 > downloaded data, the card's stopping to work fine. I can't receive
17 > anything. I need to stop an restart the systemd service.
18 >
19 > I herd that there is many problems with Broadcom wireless devices
20 > because the driver is only based on reverse engineering.
21 >
22 > That is the reason ? And there is a solution for this kind of problem ?
23 >
24 > Thank you very much !
25 >
26 > Hogren
27
28 I don't know what problems are being reported on the model you are using, but
29 previous models were experiencing problems with power saving. Use modinfo to
30 find out what power saving parameters the module has and try disabling these,
31 in case power management is the cause of the interruptions you are
32 experiencing.
33 --
34 Regards,
35 Mick